Monday, May 23, 2011

The COVER of a Magazine?!


Sigh, A girl can dream... but hopefully, it will happen in August!  Yesterday I worked on a photoshoot with Coast2CoastInk Magazine, a brand new magazine geared toward the rise in tattoo culture & the positivity surrounding it.  I found Namu, the amazing photographer, Managing Partner and Editor of Coast2Coast Ink, on Model Mayhem.  Seriously, if you arent on there, get on!  I'd call Model Mayhem a cross between Craigslist & Facebook for the "industry".  And you can be just anyone off the street signing up.  They have "gate keepers" that you submit your profile to & they preview your info & check to see if you submitted everything you need.  Keeps the weiros off!  I was actually nervous to sign up for fear of them rejecting my profile & basically telling me I didn't have the background to be on there! 
Anyhow, back to the photoshoot.  Everyone there was extremely professional & friendly.  It lasted about 4 hours, but I left just shy of the 4 hours because I did have family obligations.  I have to admit that I googled Namu, the location (was actually at LensVisons Studios in Fremont) & Coast2CoastInk to make sure everything was legit, as EVERYONE should... but it was a whole different level of comfort to see Namu's wife & son hanging out & taking pictures on set while we waited for the rest of the models to arrive.  Its always a pleasure to work with people that go out of their way to make sure everyone is comfortable. 

There were a lot of gorgeous models & the shots looked amazing!  Granted this was a test shoot & a lot of product shots, but I've got my fingers crossed that one of my models makes the cover of the premiere issue.  I'm also hopeful that I can work with these guys in the future for any of their events, shoots or anything else they need help with!  Once I get some of the photos back, I'll be sure to post it up!











Til my next adventure...

xo, Mia

1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure Mia - and really, the credit goes to you and the other MUAs - you helped our models look their best and it all came out awesome! And thanks for all the props!

    ReplyDelete