Friday, May 20, 2011

Photoshoots & Fashion Shows... Ohh My!

Photos via Cristina Ribeiro FB


Photos via Cristina Ribeiro FB

Never in my wildest... (ok that's a lil extreme of me) did I picture myself doing makeup for fashion shows or photoshoots.  Well, to be honest, I always wished I WAS the model, but my 5'0" height, even if I wore 5" hells, doesnt really give me that option.  The next best thing that I've found, is makeup.  Back in March, I started Makeup Courses at Marinello School of Beauty in San Mateo, CA & finished end of April... So what does that mean?  I have my Makeup Certification!  woohoo!  The coolest thing about the class is the way our teacher, Christine Pacifico (I couldn't even begin to list all of her accolades) really gives her all to her students.  She  is an amazing educator that gives her students the resources & opportunities to succeed.  Just last week I was privileged to work alongside Christine & my fellow graduates on the models in the GG Connections Fashion Show for the Ao Dai Festival. Some of the photos from that day can be found here.


Photos via Cristina Ribeiro FB

I was also lucky enough to work with an up & coming model, Andrea Perelson, who is a current Miss California Contestant!  I happened to find her on Model Mayhem via posting that she was looking for a MUA for a couple projects.  Shes amazingly sweet & obviously gorgeous!  I'll definately be rooting for her to win!!  And through her, I met an amazing Photographer, Lui' Martinez, who I surprisingly had A LOT in common with! Lui' is a all over the Hula/Tahitian Scene in the Bay Area & has ties with people from my Halau as well.  Hopefully he & I will be able to coordinate for future projects.  Small world huh?


Photography by Lui' Martinez

I just feel so blessed to have a running start in the industry & amazing contacts to really help me & mentor me.  I'm so thankful that I made the decision to really invest in moving into the beauty industry, beyond YouTube, because truthfully, I thought I sucked at making videos.  I really respect the ladies (and gents!) that put themselves out there day in day out.  So pretty much, this blog is going to be more of a way to chronicle my journey.  Please be sure to check out my new Facebook "fan" page... I really hate that its called a "fan" page.  And while you're at it, check out my Model Mayhem profile too :) Til next time my lovelies!

xoxo, Mia



No comments:

Post a Comment