Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Slight Shift in Focus

Within the last year, there has been a MAJOR shift in my life, as far as trying to find not only what I'm good at, but also what I love.  For the past 8 1/2 years of my life, all I've been (and I don't mean it in a bad way) is a mom.  I really emphasis that being a parent has been the single most rewarding job I've ever had & nothing makes me more proud than my beautiful girls.  I say "all I've been" it in a way that specifies that every waking moment of my life, has been about providing & being the mom my kids need.  Thank the Lord that I have family that supports me AND I found a man that has taken the time to lift me up & encourage me to find something that is for ME, that I love to do.  

A little over a year ago, I started selling Mary Kay Cosmetics... and while I found myself loving the skincare line, I also discovered I'm not the greatest sales person.  I tried working retail in my teens & I wasn't that great at it back then either.  So in an effort to get myself out there, I tried getting into the YouTube Beauty Community.  Lets just say that I thought I was even worse at that.  I wont say never, but for now, I'm out of that game.  

Back in March, I found classes at Marinello School of Beauty & an amazing mentor in Christine Pacifico.  I know I've mentioned her in a previous post, but I don't think I really gave her the credit she truly deserved.  Not only is Christine a renowned makeup artist, she writes for the San Jose Examiner, AND mentors her students inside & out of the classroom.  I've never met someone with such a big heart that honestly wanted her students to succeed & provided them the opportunities to do so.  Honestly, I can talk her up all day.  I talked the class up so much, that my fellow beauty enthusiast & coworker is currently in her class!  Through Christine, I've also connected with Photographers, like Eddie Cotillon; Designers, like Debbie Nghiem of GG Connections; and especially other MUAs, like MakeupbyArlene.  

Its been such a blessing to make this change, meeting & connection with so many different people.  This has definitely been an investment I value & do not regret.  To think that I was skeptical about taking the class & spending the money... but it was well worth it.  I can call myself a PRO MUA & apply for all the discounts associated with it.  Yes, I'll be sending in my MAC Pro application, as well any other program that will allow me discounts to feed my obsession!  

So that's all.  I just wanted to throw it out there in case any of my 10 (lol you guys are killin me that you read my blog but don't follow it!) followers was wondering how some Mary Kay Consultant started working on photoshoots.  On to the next...

xxoo, a

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding a path that was right for you & taking the steps to make it a reality! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I truly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet Mia <3 Dream High and Aim High. We MUAs support each other. Thanks for the "ShoutOut" my dear :)

    ReplyDelete