Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Art of Makeup with Men



Lets be real, men are generally quick to roll their eyes at the time & energy women put into their daily makeup routines.  So its something else when I'm doing male makeup & they "get it" that you just want them to look good.  Theres no way around it that makeup truly enhances faces, male or female.  I can erase those dark circles, even out skin tones & chisel in those strong facial features.  Boys dont like to admit it, but once they see that flawless skin looking back at them, they love it.

I had a full weekend of work, with men & women, and loved every moment.  The wonderful guys of Naked Suits had me come out & work on 4 models;  2 handsome men & 2 gorgeous ladies... one of which is Ms Marin, the beautiful Andrea Perelson, that I've had the pleasure of working with on several occassions now.  This shoot was purely coincidence!  The gig was for their new "Get Naked" campaign & it was amazing!  Albert & Ming, the company owners, were great to work with.  They had their concepts for the shoot locked, all of the props & even had some healthy snacks handy for everyone!  You can find the custom fitted, breathable, super stylish, weatherproof Naked Suits at RAG SF on Octavia or on the website.  I literally cant wait to see the campaign in full swing!

The other big thing I had going on was my very first music video!  It was for a local artist here in the Bay Area.  Ironically, I was scheduled to help Andrea out on a video the same day & then saw a posting for a music video on craigslist & contacted them.... turns out it was the same thing!  So we were able to work together, yet again.  She is definately becoming one of my fav clients!  It was a long day full of different locations/scenes, but thankfully, the artists were easy to work with & really laid back.  I find that the more laid back a client is, the easier it is to work your magic & handle your biz.  Its definately a pet peeve of mine when someone wants to look in the mirror every time you dip your brush for more color.  I worked on a handful of ladies & a couple of the guys, but opted not to take pictures because the quality wouldve been less than what I want since it was in a dark restaurant/bar.  But I will make sure I post up the video for everyone to check out once post-production is complete!  Thanks again Paul & Harman for having me!!  You were both incredible & sweet!

Waiting for my next adventure...  Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment