Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Coast2Coast Ink Mag... Get on their HYPE

As you know from a previous post, I had the privledge of working with the Coast2Coast Ink staff on an amazing photoshoot for product promotions & whatever else they wanted to use the pics for.  To my humbled surprise, I was asked to join their team as their Northern California (they're all over the place!) MUA.  It's a fantastic feeling to know that I made an impact on them & can now be found on their Staff Page!  HOLLLAA!!  They're a fun group of people to work with that has a great work ethic & respect for individuality.  Although I'm not heavily covered in artwork like many of the other staff, which by the way, makes me feel like a wimp compared to the 44+ tattoo some of them got, I have a great respect for the art.  The ones I do have, if any of you are wondering, is two tribal turtles on my shoulder with hibiscus shells; and a (smh) so called tramp stamp of plumerias/hibiscus flowers.  I was young, go figure.  But I am in the process of trying to connect the two to make it more appealing when I'm dancing with my halau sistas.  Geez I'm easily distracted... But as I was saying, make sure to keep C2CInk on your radar.  I cant wait for the 1st issue to come out & to see who they feature & collab with.  I'd love to see a feature on Tatak Ng Apat Na Alon Tribe (aka Mark of the Four Waves) in the future, which is something I truly would like to be a part of someday to trace back my own family history & see the story told on my body.  None the less, thank you Namu & all of the C2C Ink family for letting me be a part of your journey.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you Mia, and thanks again for the shout out! Your work is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete