Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hair Antics

So for those of you who personally know me, you are aware of my long locks that I have a love-hate relationship with.  I grow it long & love all of the different things I can do... but I tire of how much work I have to put into it.  So what do I do?  Chop that sucka!!

I'm notorious for messing with my hair right before an event, mainly the holidays.  A few years back, I tried to "trim" my own bangs to get my typical wispy bangin' bangs like I normally do, only to use one of those razor combs & cut off too much, resulting in lovely full on bangs, lookin like a 6 yr old Chinese girl.  And while there's nothing wrong with that look, it wasn't what I was going for.

Another issue I have is the color.  Since I was 17, I've colored my own hair, from a box.  Simple yes?  That would make it roughly 12 years of hair color experience!  Well, I've ruined my hair... twice now.  My norm has always been a nice light brown color, very different from my natural dark brown color.  For some reason, I decided to go dark for the winter & then tried to go light in the summer... I'm not sure what was different from pervious years, but I ended up with an amazing reverse ombre.  Not cute.  My hair stylist was not amused.

So I decided as I near my 30's, I'm done playin' with my own hair & ponied up the bucks to have someone do their job.  I made the appointment the day before Christmas & cut roughly 8 or so inches off in length & went 2 shades lighter in color.  I love that my hair feels lighter & healthier!  Its also amazing to shower before bed & have my hair air-dry completely before I wake up in the morning!  We all LOVE leaving the salon with that fresh cut & style... but what happens when we go home? 

A couple times in my life, I've had short hair, yet I tend to forget how much more work it is to make short hair look amazing.  I'm used to being able to braid my hair the night before for some natural waves, or air dry & add product for a bedhead tousled effect.  But short hair, I wake up with a ball of fluff on my head every morning with hairs pointing in every direction except the one that would look best!  I've tried youtubing some cute hairstyles, but at this point, I miss my lovely long locks.  I dont know how to put it up in a bun, I cant stand the little stub ponytail & I especially was not fond of my attempt to curl my hair, which resulted in my looking like Johnny Depp a'la Alice in Wonderland: Mad Hatter. 

I'm not 100% sure of where I was going with this blog, other than ranting about the trials & tribulations of short hair living.  A couple products that I'm hoping works wonders for me:

Charlotte Ronson - A Pefect Mess Beach Hair, Bumble & Bumble Brilliantine, Carols Daughter Mimosa Honey Hair, Carols Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, Bumble & Bumble Straight Blow Dry... the list goes on & on!

Here's to gorgeous locks in 2012!

xo, Mia

1 comment:

  1. You've got such a beautiful family!! And I'm so with you. I've colored my hair A LOT and I'm better off leaving it to the professionals. Loving your blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete